CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Woo Hoo I did it....

well for one day at least LOL My goal this week is to make the cards for the 365 Cards blog on the actual day they're posted... one down six to go :) The award for this great feat goes to Mr. Coby who is actually.... wait for it.... SLEEPING :) Who knew he could do that at night like a reasonable person? So Sunday's challenge was this fabulous sketch by Pam.


I just love it! I flipped it on it's side and created this sunshiny card:

I had these scraps left over from a layout I recently did and I just can't get enough of the rainbow paper :)


Ok so here's my new love.... Ott Light. Are you kidding me WHERE has this thing been all my life????? So I've been thinking about trying one for awhile and we ventured to the craft store today and there was a 40% off coupon so I figured eh what the heck. I bought THIS guy.

and oh my gosh it's awesome. It really is like real sunlight in my living room! Usually the only time I get to take pics is way late at night.... and really let's face it even during the day I have no natural light 99% of the time. "Great" northwest my arse. I guess I could save up all my layouts and photograph them every six and a half weeks when we have ONE day of sun. Anywho.... the above pics were taken in my family room. Lex and I were watching a show and Coby is actually sleeping a marathon in his swing. So the overhead light is off.... it was literally darn near pitch black but for the TV. Unbelievable how much better the pics are under this lamp :) YAY lamp :)

8 comments:

Melanie H said...

Wow, I think I need one of those lights too. Its hit and miss here too at times with the sun.

This card looks wonderful, I think I need to get myself those ticket stamps. lol

Vicky said...

I love this card!! You did a fantastic job with the sketch and it's such a fun and cheery card. Thanks for joining us!

Kristie Larsen said...

This card is brilliant... Just brilliant! Oh how I love the papers, embellishments the layout! Nice work! What a great way to start out the week.
And boy do I ever need one of those lights....

~amy~ said...

Woot! Woot!!! I'm a huge fan of Sassafras and just LOVE your card!!! Great job on the sketch!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nessa! Your card is my favorite for this challenge. I absolutely love how you created it horizontally. I also like how you approached the corners. Awesome job!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love that rainbow paper too! I need one of those lamps! Your photo is crisp and shows off your awesome card!!

Pam said...

First of all, let me just tell you how much I LOVE your card. Really, it makes me so ready for Spring. And second, I could not agree more about that Ott Light. I finally bought mine about a month ago and I, too, wondered why I didn't get one sooner!!

wendy said...

I'm glad you are able to get some work done :).

The lamp looks cool...I want one lol. I need more light in my scraproom!