CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Butterfly Heaven!

Anyone who knows me knows I adore butterflies! I've saved every shred of this Basic Grey paper and have used it all LOL This crad is based on this sketch from Card Positioning Systems. I looked at this sketch and actually said out loud.... WOW! I think the four postage stamp look of it is so fun! Makes me think I need some sort of postage stamp punch :)
How stinkin cute is this stamp from Teresa Collins? I added a picture of it below. I bought it on a whim at a 50% off sale and when I got it my first reaction was UGH it's a rubber stamp? BUT they are rubber stamps that cling to acrylic blocks and have a pic on the back so you can see where it's going and now I know I like those LOL I stamped it on the backside of the coredinations paper I used, cut it out and punched some holes and added lace and fibers and really love how it turned out! And here are the fabulous butterflies :) They're a pain in the rear to cut out but SO worth it! I stuck down the middle with adhesive and then popped up the sides of each wing with some pop dots. It's hard to tell in the pics but i also added some glittery pen to details on the wings and the body of the butterfly.











6 comments:

Tami said...

Very cute!!! Love the colors!

Have a beautiful weekend!

Charity Hassel said...

so pretty with the butterflies! thanks for using the cps sketch!

Kathryn said...

WoW -- so fabulous -- love the colors and all the details!! :)

Christy said...

Wow..the colors are fabulous. LOVE the letters :)

Melanie H said...

Thats a fantastic take of the card sketch Nessa, I love cutting out the butterflies too.

The detail on this card is stunning.

Linda Beeson said...

So I want that stamp - absolutely LOVE the colors and supplies you used and great use of that CPS sketch.