CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 20, 2009

It's a travashamockery..... AKA my epic post


So... I usually keep my blog pretty scrap related.... my crafty friends you will have to bear with me here. I. AM. SO. UPSET. Travashamockery indeed! Anyone who has known me for 5 minutes or read my blog when I was pregnant knows I love Costco hot dogs that they make on a cart in front of Costco. I don't just love them..... I worship them. Some days I had two when I was pregnant with the Cobymeister. Seriously.... if Costco hotdog was a man I'd makeout with it, divorce Steve for it and have tiny cocktail weiner babies with it. So... in case you wondered I love Costco hotdogs. Yesterday we went to Costco and I asked nice Costco worker man where they had moved the costco hot dogs too (if you don't have a Costco, you can buy the same hot dogs and buns at Costco.... not the same when you make them at home but eh not bad.) So he walks me over and on the way he says... you know they CHANGED the kind we sell outside right? UMMMMMM no I did not know. He says yeah the new ones suck and are mushy. Then he points out that the old kind are still there in the store, but are on CLEARANCE because they aren't selling them anymore either. I could have died right there on the dirty, sticky, nasty floor. So I stand there staring at the hotdogs... pondering whether I need to tell Steve to go grab a $500 garage freezer so I can buy every pack they have left and nice Costco worker comes back... it was very obvious he shares my love of the hotdog and needed to commiserate with someone else. Kinda funny actually. So in the end I bought two packs. Froze a bunch. Cried a little. Steve asked if I wanted to try the new ones on the way out.... ummm no. Like I'd cheat on my hot dogs. :( Sigh.... I will miss you Costco hot dog friend.
P.S. Wendy.... shut up! I can hear you laughing at me all the way over here. :0)

In happier news, I am in LOVE with these cupcakes :) If you haven't seen them before the coaster book is below. They are SO super easy to cover and alter and they really look cool on a B'day card! This card was for a challenge at 365 Cards to not have a sentiment. I thought it would be a toughie but it really wasnt and I kinda like it with no sentiment :) I covered the cupcake with pretty paper and some little red gems, and then covered a couple chipboard squares with coordinating papers :) AND I made another bow LOL 365 Cards has corrupted me into bow making! Ok.... someone get me an intervention. I am obsessed with Little Yellow Bicycle. Seriously I could just scrap with it all day and never get tired of it! I bought the new little baby boy line and am going to make a page for every one of Coby's first 12 months :) Here's month #1! It's based on the week #11 sketch at 52 Sketches 52 Weeks. They have these darling little one through twelve tags that I just love! And the acrylic stuff is awesome! I added some of my adtech dot adhesive to the back of Mr. Froggy there and it looks like scales.... well at least I think it does LOL
Yet another reason to love LYB.... the darling chipboard animals they came up with for this line!
And here he is.... the little man on his one month B'day! I also used my new Fiskars border punch again.... LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Wow you have some awesome projects here. I love what you did for the 365 challenge. I am a big fan of cupcakes and around my house birthdays mean there is a cupcake in you future. Great job.

~amy~ said...

FABulous cupcake and I love your LO too!!!

wendy said...

Ha. I'm really sorry about the hot dog. I'm not laughing because I know how important they were to you :). lol

The card is beautiful!

Kristie Larsen said...

Lovin' the cupcake card and that hilarious story about the hotdog!! My kids love those too, i should check my local C to find out if they have changed them. That is one thing that I dont like about that place, you really start to like something and they change it on you! Anyway, I digress. Your card... super cute and I too am starting to love Little Yellow Bicycle. I love the name too. And I love that we have corrupted you into bow making. 365 has left its mark!!! Thanks for joining us today!