CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

seven cards.... it was a looooong night

Long story, but I was up ALL night and had a whole lotta time on my hands, so I decided to try and tackle the whole weeks worth of challenges at 365 cards Have you seen that site yet? They post a new card challenge EVERY single day! Crazy fun :) As a bonus challenge... I challenged myself to use only scraps :) And I did! Challenge #1 was based on a sketch and here's my take on it: Challenge #2 was to use two or less embellishments..... really not easy for me LOL For this card I used my pretty Little Yellow Bicycle scraps and one flower and button. It was really all I could do to not add more junk on there :)
Challenge #3 was to use a button, ribbon and flower on your card and I just love how this one turned out! I chose everything else for the card around the bright and blingy blue flower :)


Day #4 was to find an ad and use it as inspiration. Here's the ad I found on Google images

And I used the upper right hand corner of it as kind of a sketch. It made for a patchwork look that I really like and I loved using up some more Urban Prarie Scraps! Way too pretty to not use up :)
Day #5 was to make a simple thank you card that you could easily reproduce over and over. Here's my take on it! My favorite part of this card was the coredinations cardstock that I sanded.
Day #6 was all about zee bling! I made this positively blingtastic card by going through all my scraps to find the blingiest stuff LOL

I had way more shiny stuff in my stash than I realized. I used some glittery paper for the base of the card and then added this imaginisce swirl and bling up in the corner and then for good measure added a couple glittery butterflies and more stickles.... there is no lack of shiny here :) Then the sentiment is a glittery fabric heart and glitter Thickers.

I also cut out some butterflies from the rest of the patterned paper scrap and added even more glitter with some more stickles.
Day #7 was all about the circle! I used two different polka dot patterned papers for the background on this one. And then used a Bazzill big chip circle and flower for the sentiment area :)

12 comments:

Steph Jacobson said...

All I can say is WOW!!! All of your cards are amazing, and I can't believe you made them all in one night. I think my favorite is your ad-based card. I love that you used all those little scraps, and the result is pretty fabulous.

Vicky said...

Wow!! All of your cards are fantastic and major kudos to you for doing them all in one night!! Thanks for joining us!

Carol said...

Love all or your cards. I like all the butterflies!

Hazel said...

Wow! Well done for getting them all done in one night. I've managed to do them all, but it took me longer. x

~Tammy~ said...

Great work! amazing job at catching up! Thanks for coming to play at 365 Cards

~amy~ said...

Wow!!! You've been busy!! Thanks for playing!!

Melanie H said...

WOW, I bow down to you. lol
It took me all day the other day to make 2 cards so roughly 2 hours each. lol

They all look amazing, I love that ad you used too.

Annika said...

Not only are they all amazing cards but you made them IN ONE NIGHT! Boy, I wish I had your talent and efficiency!

Kristie Larsen said...

I am SO impressed! All in one night and each one SO fantastic. Now that is what I call a craftin' blitz! Nice work on every challenge! Can't wait to see what you bring next week!
k

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! You go girl, for getting all these out in one night. Your take on the sketch is romantic...love the color scheme. But I'm also lovin the Urban Prarie patchwork one. Very nice!

Trish said...

Ummmmmmmmm, you are a weird lady. I'm referring of course, to your hot dog rant. I love the passion, now, if we could only focus it on something that actually matters. JUST KIDDING!!! Hey, I'm preggers too now, I feel your pain. I am willing to commit first degree man slaughter (I try to incorporate one legal term into every conversation...Thank you Boston Legal) to get some fettucini alfredo from Olive Garden! Anyway, my two older children are ALWAYS asking me if we can go to "Owl-ee's" house. That's Ellie, if you didn't catch it. So, we would love to come visit you some afternoon. What do you think? Here's my email by the way: trishtanner1980@yahoo.com
BYE!

Trish said...

HEY! First of all, 120? Please, I landed 140 airplanes safely!
I'm going to try to find your store right now and see if there is something that I absolutely can not live with out. That is so great that you are already selling things. Was your customer someone you already knew or a complete stranger just browsing the internet?
That little outfit seemed so baseball to me, even though there is a football on the bib, so I thought instantly of Coby and how cute he'd look in it, and I really had no other choice but to buy it.
I'm feeling better now...FINALLY! Yay, second trimester. I felt wretched and sick for the longest time. The baby is due Nov. 1st.
Boston Legal is taking over our lives!!! It's good and bad. We stay up so late every night to watch them, and we never want to do anything else.
So, as for our visit. Wednesday sounds good for us! I really truly know it's hard to juggle so much at home with babies that sometimes expecting visitors can be stressful. So, don't worry about cleaning or anything. (maybe your house is just always spotless and this isn't an issue with you.) I thought it would be fun for us to pop in for a few at like noon or something. Are you still asleep at noon? I know the kids and I used to sleep in till 2:00 pm when I went to bed at 4:00 in the morning. Are you still up late late late into the nights? LOL! I like that you are so weird!
I just got all my kids to bed...whew....exhausting!