CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Woo Hoo scrappy weekend :)

So lately I've been lucky to get a layout done in two days.... this weekend I got five done so far YAY! Miss Lexi was at her Dad's and Miss Elli spent the weekend with Nana and Papa so it was just me and the Cobymeister :) Thanks to two crops at The Scrap City and Serendipity Scrapbooks I had tons of inspiration! Scrap City's is actually going on til Friday so come by and check us out..... TONS of sketches to choose from! I am so in love with this picture and layout :) Julie Bonner from 52 Sketches 52 Weeks made me this gorgeous sketch to share at the Scrap City crop this weekend and True Love is my take on it. I made it mainly with a kit from Treasured Scrapbooking.

We got a rug for the hardwood family room floor where the kiddos spend most of their day and Elli has been having so much fun rolling around with Coby on it :) I really love this quote that I cut out of a patterned paper from Little Yellow Bicycle! It's really true for Elli and Coby, she enjoys him so much more every day!

This one was for a challenge at Serendip. I just stinkin LOVE these pics of Elli. She is such a nut. The journaling is all about how hilarious Daddy and I thought it was and we thought she looked like Beavis..... a la Beavis and Butthead LOL It's so funny that she'll have no clue who that is and will have to google it someday :)

This one is also inspired by a sketch from 52 Sketches 52 Weeks. This is for week #7's sketch :) I used a Prima paintable and colored it with colored pencils and then cut out all the vines to layer them over the picture mat. It was also for a challenge at Serendip and the challenge was to use the same element in 3 different ways.... I used butterflies (patterned paper, beads and acrylics.) So since I found out I was having a boy I've been SO excited to use this paper LOL I bought Coby this dino outfit from Gymboree JUST so I could use this paper :) This was based on a sketch posted at Scrap City for the crop :) Coby was learning how to roll from his back to each side in this picture :)

2 comments:

wendy said...

That BG paper is the best. One of my favorite lines of paper, however I never seem to use it. The layouts are fabulous, you do very very good work. And of course you have super cute subjects to work with ;)

Melanie H said...

I love the 'True Love' layout Nessa, the papers and photo are beautiful.

You created 4 fantastic laoyuts, well done.