CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Where I've been....





I haven't posted in soooo long and here's why! Our area of the north coast got SLAMMED in December by what they are calling "The Storm of the Century" around here. Although the wind blew out the weather center's wind meter, they estimate that the wind gusts were around 123 mph. We lost our power for almost six days..... thank goodness for satellite cable and generators! That was the best large purchase we have ever made! The night the winds were the worst, Steve and I stayed up all night, blocked all the windows as it really sounded like they were just going to shatter, and watched our girls sleep! We ended up losing half our roof, everything in our fridge (it just would not work with the generator and then proceeded to break altogether), our fence, a shed and we have a leaky roof. BUT we are all OK thank goodness! It was a crazy time. Our area was completely cut off from the rest of the state as the freeways were blocked, and we had no phone or cell service. It took 3 days before Steve could get to a phone 2 hours away to call our family! What a month! So we have spent the last month cleaning up and getting back to normal. Glad to be back to blogging :)

13 comments:

wendy said...

So glad you guys are all ok! You are very lucky. We are glad to have you back :-)

Nessa said...

Now I KNOW you'll stop here LOL I'm stil up and scrappin! There's just a lag between when you post and when I can see it :) I'm SO glad we didnt have this again this year!

Trish said...

I don't think I will ever forget last year, it was pretty bad !

Trish said...

Hey! Good instincts, of course i stopped here, it brings back not scary or bad, rather anxiety filled memories

Nessa said...

No kidding! I was SO sure that was going to happen again when I was delivering Coby LOL

Trish said...

And you brought over hot spaghetti to save us from hunger during that time...yay! We didn't take it though, because I thought maybe we were taking food away from your family but we should have, I think we had a can of pork and beans that night for dinner

Nessa said...

Ha,ha,ha yeah you should have! We had a stove the whole time! I kept telling steve to get you guys over here where there was a stove and cable :)

Trish said...

Steve would have to talk you through it all, "His head is crowning, now I want one big push for the shoulders..." while you writhed on the kitchen floor and the generator buzzed around you. LOl! The fact that you actually had a C-section makes that "steve delevering baby" scenerio seem a lot worse.

Trish said...

You had me at cable. I need to stay up on my rock of love with bret michaels. J/k, although I do watch that show...

Nessa said...

Oh man he'd die.... he hardly made it through the operation to begin with :) So do you have insomnia too?

Nessa said...

I actually don't watch that one... I heard you guys liked the hidden camera one on Saturday's though!

Trish said...

Okay, I'm about to go back to look at more pics. by the way, what are you scrapping right now? is Elli awake with you? Jade is, she is just sitting quietly playing on the floor by me, love that girl!

Nessa said...

Jade you angel :) No Ellis in bed already she goes to bed with Steve! Coby's in his swing mostly asleep thank heavens! He likes to stay up til 5am most nights! I'm making a page for that picture of Elli giving Coby the evil eye :) Actually I just finished it!