CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 1, 2008

Check this out!





This is for Serendipity Scrapbook's blog challenge this week. The challenge was to blog about your favorite technique..... not quite sure if this qualifies as a technique but heck it is my very favorite new thing! My pictures of my work have always frustrated the heck outta me! I would make all of these things that I loved and then when I tried to photograph them they would look TERRIBLE! I knew that once upon a time I had seen directions to make a photo box of sorts, and after many many failed attempts at googling I finally found them! Here's the link! Almost everything you need to make this macro box is probably lying around your house.... unless like me you had just gotten done throwing away all your carboard boxes :) It was super simple to make and it has made such a huge difference in improving the quality of my photos! Check it out and give it a try! You won't be sorry! Up above I posted a couple of my new pics with the box and a couple of my old ones too! The main difference in my opinion is that you can control where the light is around the subject and there aren't shadows! I think the clarity of color is markedly improved as well!

7 comments:

Kim said...

That's a good idea! I'll have to try that. :)

StaceyM said...

That is awesome. Thank you for sharing. My hubby actually bought me one at one of the office supply stores but it is way to small to use for layouts. I'm going to make one so that I can photograph my lumpy and bumpy in there!!! So cool

What size box did you use? I would think that the 12 x 12 would be a little small to actually put a 12 x 12 layout in.

wendy said...

Great idea! I've seen them before but hadn't heard if they work well or not...the pictures are great! Mine never turn out well and I can't scan them in well either.

Very nice layouts btw!

Nicole said...

Nessa, thank you so much for finding this/posting this. I always have to take pictures at night after work and they never turn out right. I OWE you big time for finding this!!! TFS

Nessa said...

You are so welcome :) It's just the best! I went to the store and bought a bigger box... I think it's 18x18xsomething :) But a;; sides should be at least 6 or so inches bigger than what you want to photograph so you can still crop around it!

wendipooh13 said...

great idea, love what you shared!!! how fun, will have to give it a whirl too!!!

Scrappin in my spare time said...

I have always wondered if this works. I can't wait to give it a shot. Thanks for sharing Nessa.